- Walk Score
An online tool developed for realtors giving ‘walkability’ information for addresses in Canada, the U.S. and Australia.
- Walk Toronto
An advocacy group with the mission of making Toronto a better city for pedestrians.
- Toronto Centre for Active Transportation
Mandated to work for a better cycling and pedestrian environment in Toronto.
- Smart Commute – A program of Metrolinx
- Canada Walks
- Green Communities Canada
- International Federation of Pedestrians
- Walk 21
Reading – Foot Commuting in Toronto
- The Walkable City (PDF) April 2012 Report
Toronto Public Health
- How People in Toronto Get to Work
Article and interactive maps by Arik Motskin and Zack Gallinger, The 10 and 3, May 18, 2016
Reading – Health Benefits of Walking
City of Toronto
- Walk your way to better health
Heart & Stroke
- Simple Walking Plan
Canadian Diabetes Association
- Daily walking is the best anti-aging prescription
Dwight Chapin, Special to The Globe and Mail, August 8, 2016
- These streets are made for walking
Summary of study on relationship between walkable neighbourhoods and health.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), August 2, 2016
- WALK Right Up … and Relieve Stress
Julie Revelant, Esperanza: Hope to cope with anxiety and depression, May 8, 2016